We ran in the Raintree Run in Lawrence on Sunday. Jack has been wanting to run in a road race with David and me, and the Raintree Run offered a 1-mile kids fun run, appropriately named Jack's Mile (named after a little boy Jack's age who was killed in a car accident in 2001 and had attended the Raintree Montessori that benefited from the run.) David, David's sister Sarah and I ran in the 5K race - David finished 18th overall and 3rd in his age group! When it came time to do the Jack's Mile with Jack, we discovered Jack had a different plan in mind for how he was going to get to the finish line. I pushed Jack in the umbrella stroller with Jack commanding "Run, Mom, Run!" until David was able to coax him out of the stroller to race the last 100 meters or so. We had lots of fun - I think the kids' favorite part was playing on the playground.

No comments:
Post a Comment