I wrote this post awhile back and never published it. Given Jack's all-consuming interest in Power Rangers, I thought it needs to be posted....
Last night Jack and I were sitting on the couch reading an issue of Little Kids National Geographic. The theme for the issue was Africa and one of the articles featured the Masaii people of Africa. Jack seemed really interested in how different they looked from him, and I saw it as a great opportunity for a lesson on the human race. We talked about how people can have different colors of skin, how they dress differently, talk differently, and so on, but that no matter how different everyone seems on the outside, we're all the same - human beings. Well, Jack was listening intently and absorbing it all - until he suddenly got a sly smile to the left side of his face and said, "Well, not everyone is human, there's human beings and then there's POWER RANGERS!"
No comments:
Post a Comment