September 08, 2008

Hyperspeed

I thought once school started things would start to slow down a bit. We'd be back on a schedule and restore some sanity to our lives. In some ways, that has happened. We do get up at a more regular and earlier time in the morning, and I'm getting showers on a more regular basis now. But in most ways, things are crazier. Each one of these pictures probably deserves a blog post all its own, but I'm jamming them all into one. News that isn't pictured below: Jack had his adenoids removed and ear tubes put in his ears. He seems to be doing well. He still snores. We are nearing completion of our screened porch/deck project. We promise pictures as soon as it's complete. Jack has joined Cub Scouts. I'm in the process of washing, hanging and tagging four years worth of boys clothing and infant baby gear for a large fall/winter consignment sale in a week - step 1 of my multi-step plan to clear our house of stuff. Enjoy the pictures below! (They are in no chronological order.)

Kate tried peaches for the first time...

She isn't a fan of peaches.

Jack celebrates his 7th birthday at Grandma Sue and Papa's house.

Jack on his actual 7th birthday. We went to eat at Red Robin for dinner - Jack's choice.

Jack at his friend birthday party. He had a swimming party at the Matt Ross Community Center. Yes, if you're counting, this was party #3.
And you wonder if I realize why I'm going crazy...
Alex's first day of school as a Preschooler 4. His teacher is Ms. Rothgeb.

Aunt Michelle is home from Afghanistan! Yay!!! Andy and Michelle are moving to Colorado Springs. They're not busy or anything either :)
Kate has mastered sitting up at 5 months!
Almost.

Alex took his first waverunner ride with David and Jack.

And Kate took her first boat ride ever. She hated the lifejacket, but fell asleep after the boat started up.


Alex played in his first soccer game on Sunday. He scored his first goal, too. I didn't capture it on camera - I had the lens cover on. Rats!

Kate cheers Alex on during his soccer game. She's got this spectating thing down.

Jack is growing up at lightning speed. Slow down Jack!

No comments: